Mission, Vision & Beliefs
Mission Statement: Adirondack Central School, in collaboration with parents and community, promotes academic excellence and embraces diversity in a student-centered environment ensuring every student the opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge necessary to succeed.
- Our small school district environment provides a sense of family and community.
- Providing academic opportunities is the central focus of our District.
- We support student activities, community service, and opportunities to succeed.
- Community involvement and efficient use of resources is essential.
- Our students learn best from a dedicated and motivated staff.
- We challenge our students to acquire personal and professional life skills, and to develop good citizenship.
- All of us are responsible for ensuring a safe and secure learning environment.
GOAL CATEGORY 1: COMMUNICATION
To build a collaborative partnership in our school and our community with open, transparent communication building trust and positive culture (school spirit).
- Building connections with all stakeholders
- Building unity across the ACS District
- Encouraging utilization of District resources throughout the community
GOAL CATEGORY 2: CULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
The Adirondack Central School District is committed to supporting and sustaining a safe, respectful and accepting environment.
- Foster a mentally and emotionally supportive environment for all members of our school community
- Survey stakeholders/seek feedback
- Counseling services
- Wellness Center
GOAL CATEGORY 3: FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
The district will provide an educationally sound and fiscally responsible budget that supports students in achieving the vision and mission of the district.
- Create, expand, and sustain educational opportunities for all stakeholders
- Develop and expand community-based opportunities
GOAL CATEGORY 4: GROWTH AND ACHIEVEMENT
The Adirondack Central School District is committed to providing a comprehensive academic program with customized learning for each learner to reach their maximum potential with high expectations ensuring students are prepared for chosen life endeavors.
- Increase graduation rate and increase Regents with Advanced Designation and/or Honors
- Increase performance on State exams – focus on growth scores not just proficiency
- Increase participation rates on state exams
- Decrease students needing AIS (academic intervention services)
- Increase students in advanced courses (AP, college, honors and advanced)
- Increase students earning Seal of Biliteracy and soon Seal of Civic Readiness